Business Valuation Services
Our Business Valuation team delivers on the promise of providing objective and defensible valuation analysis to its clients.
A privately-held business is often the centerpiece of the owner’s life’s work. Therefore, if you are in need of a business valuation, it is essential that you work with a firm that will prepare a thorough, well-reasoned valuation that will hold up in litigation or under IRS scrutiny. We work closely with businesss owners, attorneys, and other business advisors to do just that.
Skoda Minotti’s Valuation and Litigation Advisory specialists are seasoned practitioners with extensive valuation experience. The group is led by Bob Ranallo, CPA/ABV, JD, CVA, CFF, whose diverse accounting and legal background, as well as his vast experience in valuation and litigation, provides clients with a testifying expert upon whom they can rely. This leader is supported by an emerging and energetic staff that possesses some of the most sought after and well-respected credentials offered by the valuation community. We offer one of the most credentialed valuation groups that you will find in a firm of our size.
Why Skoda Minotti
Some valuation and litigation advisory firms are too small and unsophisticated to offer the detailed analysis necessary to successfully stand up to scrutiny from third parties. Other, larger firms may not be attentive to you or your specific needs, but often still charge a premium price simply because of the name on their letterhead. Our professionals at Skoda Minotti strike an excellent balance between these two worlds – delivering real value to our clients through detailed and technically sound analysis coupled with an attentive focus on addressing your issues and problems at a fair cost.
Our team includes seven accredited members of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), five members who hold the Accredited in Business Valuation credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA/ABV), and professionals holding Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credentials.
When to Consider a Business Valuation:
Tax-Related Business Valuations
- Estate Tax Planning and Compliance
- Gift Tax Planning and Compliance
- C to S Corporation Conversion – Built-in Gains Tax Calculation
- Appraisals for Charitable Contributions
- Issuance of Stock Options (409A)
- Related Party Transactions
Divorce Business Valuation
Financial Reporting Valuations
- Purchase Price Allocation – Valuation of Intangible Assets
- Issuance of Stock Options
- Goodwill Impairment Analysis
- Intangible Asset Impairment Analysis
- Fair Value Measurements for Financial Reporting
Business Transition Planning
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sale of a Business
- Divestitures and Redemptions of Shareholder, Partner and Member Interests
- Shareholder, Partner and Member Buy/Sell Agreements
- Shareholder Disputes
Litigation Support – Damages/Lost Profit Analysis
The Business Valuation Process
Regardless of the circumstance that necessitates a business valuation, our team follows a detailed process that includes:
- Thorough analysis and discussions with management regarding the business’s historical and projected financial performance
- Careful study of the qualitative and quantitative factors unique to the business
- Review of the industry and economic factors that influence a company’s value
- Determination of appropriate, supportable valuation discounts
- Synthesizing the results of various valuation approaches to reach a conclusion of value
Our experts have extensive experience with the valuation process and in providing expert testimony. Our team of certified professionals has participated in valuing hundreds of businesses with revenues ranging from thousands to hundreds of millions of dollars in a variety of industries including retail, professional services, technology, healthcare services, wholesale/distribution, food service, industrial manufacturing and fabrication, construction, staffing, and automotive, as well as holding company/estate planning vehicles, just to name a few.
For help with arranging the valuation of your business or the business of one of your clients, call Bob Ranallo at 440-449-6800.