We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Accounting Manager.
This position is responsible for Financial and Human Resource Administration.
Financial administration includes responsibility for overseeing accounts payable, fixed assets, accounts receivable, and completing the month end close process.
Human Resource administration including support of the hiring and termination process, processing payroll, overseeing the daily functionality of the Export Management Compliance Program, and administration of government contracts.
- Processes bi-weekly check runs for payment of all vendor invoices.
- Oversees the company’s daily banking activities and cash flow including ACH and Wire transfer transactions.
- Assists the GM in maintaining all export management compliance program documentation to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with and support all aspects of the company’s quality management program.
- Provide financial analysis of on-going production operating results such as variable cost productivity, base cost analysis, etc.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly closing activities, journal entries, auditing and account reconciliations, including preparation of monthly balance sheet and cash flow and income statements.
- Ensure controllership and consistency of accounting practices; drive controllership awareness and processes through the team and ensure financial compliance.
- Responsible for overseeing bank accounts and other hands-on cash management functions including verifying banking fees and online reporting of banking transactions.
- Ensure timely and accurate quarterly/semi-annual tax filings and payments, including unemployment taxes, Commercial Activity Tax and BWC.
- Oversee the accounts payable process and ensure the accuracy of the use of part classes to record expenses to the general ledger.
- Assist with budget & forecasting.
- Prepare journal entries and actively participate in month end close process.
- Analyze profitability results and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Updates and maintains all employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses, including new hires, changes and terminations.
- Provide controllership and administrative support for payroll, benefits, and other Human Resources-related matters.
- Resolve employee benefits related status changes, questions or problems.
- Responsible for in-plant administration of 401K and ensure that plan is administered in accordance with IRS requirements for Safe Harbor Plan.
- Ensure correct and timely benefit plan related payroll deductions.
- Ensure compliance with federal benefits and payroll-related regulations and legislation such as ERISA, HIPPA, Family Medical Leave Act, COBRA, etc.
- Serve as contact point for all BWC related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial reporting and strategic business development.
- Background in manufacturing systems.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently & push back and challenge operations appropriately.
- Strong business planning, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using all MS Office applications, in particular Excel, including the use of financial modeling tools and functions; willingness to learn new programs.
- The ability to work in ERP/Accounting software packages.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and V-Lookup).