Skoda Minotti is a top-100 business and financial advisory firm dedicated to Delivering on the Promise of helping our clients grow and achieve financial success. Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our clients in their search for an Accounting Manager to join their growing team. They are a second-generation, privately held-corporation engaged in the wholesale distribution of general merchandise, as well as the ownership and management of several commercial real estate properties. The company’s diverse business activities result in them conducting business in multiple states across the United States.
This key member of the company’s relatively small leadership team is responsible for all of the accounting operations, to include maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, the production of monthly financial statements on a both subsidiary and consolidated basis, preparation and monitoring of Company budgets, daily cash management activities, ensuring that all state and local filings are made on a timely basis, and supporting the Company’s leadership team in analyzing new business opportunities, such as new customer relationships and acquisitions. Additionally, this person serves as the company’s primary point person with those information technology companies whose products (software) the company uses to operate its business, especially its ERP platform from Profit21/Epicore. The position has two (2) direct reports.
The ideal candidate must be adaptive, and have a proven track record as the top accounting professional in a similar sized company. Reporting to the leadership team, the Accounting Manager will play a key role in developing and enhancing existing financial and operational procedures to improve and maintain the health of the company. This person should be intellectually curious, analytical and able to multi-task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements
- Leads annual budget preparation process and calculates variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provision of information to external auditors for the annual financial statement review
- Primary interface within Company with:
- ERP provider (Profit21/Epicore)
- Company’s managed service provider for Company hardware and software
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory records, including cycle counts
- Other accounting, financial and workplace tasks as deemed necessary for this position
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Working knowledge of MS Office & inventory management software, Profit 21/Epicore is preferred but not required
- 7+ years of experience managing the full-cycle accounting process; to include month-end closing, cash management, as well as the day-to-day accounting operations
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up his/her sleeves and work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Inventory experience strongly preferred, including cycle counts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.