We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Accounting Manager with a construction background. The following are qualifications and criteria that you must have to be considered for this position;
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the areas of accounting, payroll, and financial reporting for the company; including but not limited to AIA billing, WIP analysis.
- Broad range of day-to-day accounting, keeping an accurate picture of the company’s financial status at all times.
- Prepare timely job costing reports to monitor job progress and profitability.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- AIA Documents
- Billing in AIA Format
- Job Costing
- Bank Deposits
- Review/Process Expense Reports
- Process or serve as the back-up for accounts payable, cash applications, and payroll.
- Work with part-time Controller and outside CPA firm to create accurate financial information for management in a timely manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of general accounting/financial analysis, construction experience required, Foundation experience preferred.
- Experience with percentage of completion accounting and WIP reporting is also required.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of inter-related business processes.
- Additional experience with payroll, construction compliance helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
Job Type: Full-time