Skoda Minotti is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable for Skoda Minotti, and its divisions and subsidiaries. This includes processing vendors’ invoices and employee expense reports, obtaining appropriate approvals per company policies, issuing vendor/employee payments, maintaining an electronic filing system, managing/reconciling company issued credit and purchase cards, producing reports on expenses to selected personnel, assisting with journal entries and acting as back-up to the accounting team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily receive, log and obtain approvals of all vendor invoices.
- At least twice weekly code and enter invoices into accounting software and transfer all client reimbursable expenses billings system.
- Maintain the vendor master file. Add new vendors, send out new vendor packages and obtain appropriate W-9 and/or tax ID information. Make changes to vendors when needed and block terminated vendors.
- Coordinate and process annual payments of OSCPA, FICPA and AICPA dues for staff.
- Process monthly online payments of company insurance benefits.
- Decide on the appropriate payment method for vendors.
- Scan vendor invoices into the electronic filing system.
- Answer and resolve vendor questions and problems.
Employee Expense Reports:
- Weekly review all approved employee expenses in billings system for compliance to company policies and appropriate expense types. Contact and work with employees on questions and problems.
- Transferring expenses to accounting software. Contact Performance Advisors about expenses not claim approved.
- Set-up employee ACH payments.
- Scan expense reports journals into the electronic filing system.
Manage Company Issued Credit/Purchase Cards:
- Manage Purchase Cards (P-Card) issued to staff including issuing new cards, canceling cards and monitoring use of cards
- Monthly review P-Card charges for compliance to company policies. Reconcile the P-Card invoice and work with staff on completing reconciliation of their charges.
- Manage American Express cards issued to partners and selected staff, including issuing new cards, canceling cards and assisting AMEX with questions on charges.
- Scan all credit card payments/charges into the electronic filing system.
- Prepare and issue year-end 1099’s to vendors.
- Prepare and pay quarter Use Tax reports for the states of Ohio and Florida.
- Maintain schedules on firm leases and vendor contracts.
- Do expense analyses as requested.
- Act as back-up to the accounting department as needed for various functions.
- Assist with other duties and analyses as required.
Education & Experience Required:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration but would consider strong work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable, preferably with a service organization.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel.
- Experience with complex accounting software required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with vendors and employees.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to meet deadlines and to set priorities independently. Always looking for ways to improve job processes.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to resolve problems in a timely manner and gather/analyze information effectively.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.