We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Accounts Payable Specialist / Accounting Assistant.
This position is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Accounting & Finance department.
- Execute full cycle accounts payable function for 3 physical locations, including general ledger coding of invoices, vouchering and payment of invoices via checks, wire transfers and ACH transactions.
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts payable accounts and vouchers payable accounts.
- Provide information/support to accounting team for month-end/year-end general ledger closing cycles.
- Work closely with other departments, such as purchasing and operations, to ensure timely, accurate processing of accounts payable.
- Research unpaid invoices and/or discrepancies.
- Maintain and develop relationships with vendors to ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable.
- Provide ad hoc Excel reports to management as needed.
- Serve as key contact with company bank regarding payment processing.
- Prepare month bank account reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of accounts payable experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous general ledger/general accounting experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with internal company departments and outside vendors.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.