We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
The ideal candidate will handle all aspects of accounts payable functions through month-end closing. These duties include, but are not limited to, receiving and matching invoices, vendor and general ledger account coding, preparation of disbursements and reports, and accounts payable related record keeping.
- Process all invoices received to include review/verification of invoice amounts, dates, supporting documentation, submission into electronic invoicing system, and proper process workflow.
- Review and process all electronic site submitted invoices to ensure proper vendor IDs, invoice amounts, coding accuracy, documentation, and process workflow.
- Process site specific payment requests as needed.
- Monitor system activity to ensure that invoices are moving through all required stages in a timely manner – communicate with sites on aged rejected, pending, or hold status invoices.
- Communicate with corporate and site personnel regarding relevant A/P functions, deadlines, requirements, updates.
- Provide monthly reporting to management as required.
- Process out of cycle check requests as needed.
- Match invoices to checks; obtain all required signatures for checks, and mail checks in a timely manner.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies, and resolve vendor account issues as required.
- Responsible for processing prepaid expenses and freight accruals.
- Vendor set up and maintenance.
- Process month end closing and month end accruals.
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable
- AX software experience preferred but not required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills