We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Assistant Controller.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for analyzing financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within the company. As a key member of the finance team, this individual will report to the Controller and work effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Manage cost standards for labor and plant overhead at an appropriate activity level.
- Prepare and analyze performance reports, financial statements and key metrics as needed.
- Prepare and analyze variance reports for financial and manufacturing variances as needed.
- Analyze operating results against budget, forecast and standard
- Recommend and monitor key performance indicators and make suggestions for performance improvements, interfacing with plant leadership to propose and implement suggestions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Costing — Knowledge of manufacturing costing
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer hardware and software such as Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel. Strong ERP experience.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources — Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA, CPA, CMA preferred, but not required
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.