We are currently assisting our client in their search for an Associate Director – M&A (Corporate Development).
This position will manage 1-2 Associates on a weekly basis on M&A and organic growth deals, as well as build and lead financial models when needed. This position has upward mobility in a high growth, private healthcare company.
The position will also manage and work across multiple corporate functions (finance, legal, integration/operations, and clinical leadership) in the context of mergers and acquisitions, organic growth, and special projects as a high profile and trusted team member that drives solutions.
Additionally, this position will help manage teams of outside advisors (e.g. Investment Bankers, Accountants, Consultants, Lawyers) in the context of M&A transactions.
- Advance the company’s M&A and organic growth strategy.
- Review Associates’ financial models, due diligence approach and analysis, and timelines to ensure deal execution at the highest level.
- Demonstrate competency and creative problem-solving abilities in the areas of M&A, Finance, Strategy, Investing, Organic Growth, Investor Relations, Board of Directors initiatives, Market Sizing & Strategy, and Industry Competitive Dynamics.
- Develop and maintain detailed understanding of service lines, regions, strategy.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships across multiple corporate functions (Finance, Legal, Operations, Regional/Clinical Leadership).
Specific M&A and Organic Growth Responsibilities:
- Participate in the new business screening process to determine which M&A and organic growth opportunities should be prioritized in the context of team resources. In this capacity, analyze local market opportunities & strategies, growth strategies within targeted health system customers, competitive dynamics, local physician group dynamics, and financial opportunities.
- Create, lead, and execute on diligence work plans.
- Identify synergies, coordinating directly with Regional Presidents and our operations leaders to develop a viable plan, including integration timeline.
- Guide and review Associates’ excel financial models that analyzes the “why” of historical financial results, and thoughtfully project the drivers and estimated results of Revenue and EBITDA.
- Outline and review scenario and sensitivity analyses to determine impact to financial results, EBITDA multiples, investment returns, and cash flow.
- Design and review power point presentations summarizing due diligence findings and team recommendations for C-suite executives and Board Members.
- Review and assist in the drafting of transaction legal documentation: Letter of Intents (“LOIs”), Term Sheets, Compensation Plan Agreements, and Merger Agreements.
- Review the funds flow model used by Treasury to wire cash and equity funds at close.
- Serve as liaison to Integration team to ensure a smooth transaction close and synergy realization.
- Deliver on special business strategy projects as assigned by executive management (e.g. CEO, CFO, GC), Board of Directors, and Business Development team members.
- Attend conferences and management meetings as required.
- Build financial models (IRR, DCF, multiples analysis, etc.) when required.
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited business school, above 3.5 GPA preferred.
- 4+ year’s bulge-bracket accounting, investment banking, private equity, equity research, or private-equity backed or publicly-traded corporate development experience.
- Healthcare industry experience. Health system or physician group experience welcomed, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in EBITDA, cash flow and IRR modeling and analysis, company valuation, and M&A due diligence.
- Experience working with C-suite executives.
- Experience interfacing with private equity.
- Experience managing or delegating to others preferred.
- Experience in and ability to exercise considerable judgment, maintain confidentiality, and act in a diplomatic manner.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal amount of supervision, including ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues.
- Possesses strong attention to detail, curiosity in understanding the “why”, and desire to “own” his/her role. Team player mindset.
- Communication skills: An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and responsive to team members.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple complex projects against their deadlines.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, including capability to efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses eagerness to take on growing responsibilities and leadership roles within the company.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.