We are currently assisting our manufacturing client in their search of a CFO to serve as a key member of the executive team, the ideal candidate must be adaptive and comfortable with the dynamic needs of a growing company, and have a proven track record as a CFO in a similar sized organization. Reporting to the President, the CFO will play a key role in developing new and enhancing existing financial procedures to improve and maintain the health of the company while aiding in its growth.
Primary accountabilities include, but are not limited to: financial and operational management, treasury, strategic planning, merger & acquisition activities, and risk management. We are searching for a financial executive with the ability to be hands-on, but also a strong leader and motivator of talent at all levels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily management of planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities; including but not limited to banking relations, cash management and tax related topics for the company, related entities and family returns.
- Responsible for leading, developing and performance evaluations for a team of 8 employees; including the oversight of collections, a/r, a/p, payroll, property and sales tax preparation and all other accounting and finance functions.
- PO and contract/subcontract review, including bonds and risk management (with support from legal and insurance).
- Capital Expenditure funding, justifications for expansion, maintenance capital program, R&M, asset tracking.
- Coordinates details of corporate changes, legal and board resolutions with appropriate support from legal and accounting.
- Serve as the plan trustee for the company 401k plan.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction and provide the executive team with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions.
- Compile the monthly financial reporting package with footnotes and MD&A (Management Discussion & Analysis) to report to the Board of Directors.
- Manage audits, including the oversight and management of the year-end audited financial statements, complete with Footnotes in accordance with US GAAP.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Aid in the financial diligence of potential acquisitions and play a key role on the post-acquisition implementation team.
- Provide coaching and training, cost control support and overall guidance to leadership to ensure the best financial and operational health for the company and related entities.
- Manage the forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Implement operational best practices while ensuring effective internal controls are in place and that the company is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and/or affecting the industry.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile and report risk issues to the President with a high sense of urgency.
- Maintain relations with outside business advisors, insurance providers and banking relationships.
- Other duties as needed to meet the needs of the business.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, CPA Preferred
- Chief Financial Officer level experience in a mid-sized company
- 8+ years in a strategic financial leadership role with a proven track record of leading and developing a high-performing team
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, partnering with those on the senior leadership team to drive results and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with other associates in a hands-on management capacity
- Above average computer skills, including but not limited to advanced Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical and organization skills
- Ability to mentor and motivate others
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.