Skoda Minotti is a top-100 business and financial advisory firm dedicated to Delivering on the Promise of helping our clients grow and achieve financial success. Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our clients in their search for a Construction Accountant to join their growing team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the areas of accounting, payroll, and financial reporting for the company; including but not limited to AIA billing, WIP analysis.
- Broad range of day-to-day accounting, keeping an accurate picture of the company’s financial status at all times.
- Prepare timely job costing reports to monitor job progress and profitability.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- AIA Documents
- Billing in AIA Format
- Job Costing
- Bank Deposits
- Review/Process Expense Reports
- Process or serve as the back-up for accounts payable, cash applications, and payroll.
- Work with Controller and outside CPA firm to create accurate financial information for management in a timely manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of general accounting/financial analysis, construction experience required, Foundation experience preferred.
- Experience with percentage of completion accounting and WIP reporting is also required.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of inter-related business processes.
- Additional experience with payroll, construction compliance helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.