Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our construction clients in their search for an Accountant with construction experience to join their growing team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Process in-house payroll for approximately 120 employees, both salaried and hourly (union and non-union).
- Work with others in the accounting department to handle accounting, financial reporting and human resources for the company; including but not limited to AIA billing and WIP analysis, new-hire onboarding and employee relations.
- Broad range of day-to-day accounting, keeping an accurate picture of the company’s financial status at all times.
- Prepare timely job costing reports to monitor job progress and profitability.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with Controller and outside CPA firm to create accurate financial information for management in a timely manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance helpful.
- 5+ years of general accounting/financial analysis, payroll experience required, Foundation experience preferred.
- Experience with percentage of completion accounting and WIP reporting is also helpful.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of inter-related business processes.
- Additional experience with payroll, construction compliance helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.