We are currently assisting our client, a 2016 & 2017 Plain Dealer Top Work Place winner, in their search for a Construction Accountant.
The Construction Accountant is responsible for many of the accounting responsibilities, with an accounts payable focus, as assigned by the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the accounting duties for the company; including but not limited to job costing, construction invoicing, contracts and change orders.
- Maintain accounts payable functions including verifying invoices, expense reports, and purchase requisitions.
- Research & enter data into accounts payable system, and provide check remittance for vendor payments accompanied with necessary backup information.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies, and resolve vendor account issues as required.
- Provide management with job costing reports, and other reports as requested, in a timely manner.
- Ensure regulatory and tax compliance with local, state, and federal agencies and assist with external review process.
- Provide monthly reporting to Senior Management as required.
- Serve as primary point of contact to sites for all system related issues. Communicate with Senior Management to investigate and resolve them.
- Vendor set up and maintenance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in accounting or commensurate experience preferred
- 5+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience in a construction environment
- Experience with Foundations Software
- Willingness to learn Facility Control System (FCS)
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a high level of fluency in Excel
- Ability to work independently without significant supervision