We have been retained by our client, ZIN Technologies, Inc., in their search for a Controller to join their team.
The Controller will direct financial accounting activities and ensure the integrity of the department’s policies, practices and internal controls. Monitor compliance to procedure and integrity of data through processing of transactions.
- Oversees the accounting operation of an organization’s accounting division, including the maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Directs and plans the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversees determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Establishes or recommends major economic objectives and policies for company or subdivision to management.
- Serve as lead for all accounting business system activities.
- Responsible for adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) in daily accounting management practices.
- Administer personnel functions of department, such as hiring, termination, training, work scheduling, promotions, transfers and performance rating.
- Establish internal audit capability to review and ensure accounting system internal controls are properly established and effective.
- Develop account analysis practices to validate balance sheet and profit and loss accounts are appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate chart of accounts.
- Support proposal activities with cost information.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards guidelines for government contracting and accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Deltek.
- Prior experience with system upgrades and/or installs preferred.
- Ability to formulate accounting policy & procedures.
- Proven organizational skills; proactive & process driven.