Skoda Minotti is a top-100 business and financial advisory firm dedicated to Delivering on the Promise of helping our clients grow and achieve financial success. Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our clients in their search for a Controller to join their growing team.
The Controller maximizes return on financial assets by supporting financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This position is responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities for multiple locations.
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budgets, accounting, and payroll.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collected, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties as required or as requested by the VP-Finance & Operations.
- Provides general oversight/management of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree required in Accounting or Finance, with 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to navigate systems, including accounting software and strong Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, set priorities and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.