We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Jr. Capital Markets Analyst.
The Jr. Capital Markets Analyst will support our client across a variety of different transactions. We are looking for an Analyst with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work in a high-energy environment. This position requires reliability, adaptability, accountability, responsibility, and approachability.
Scope of Work
We are looking for a reliable individual who thrives when given many challenges and focuses on quality results. While experience in the field is important, the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new environments and processes is just as important.
Components of the Analyst job include:
- Financial modeling: Our client’s typical model analyzes projected client performance while layering in a new capital structure that facilitates an acquisition, restructuring, refinancing, or other events. The Analyst will work with the Associates and Managing Directors to build models that accurately depict client transactions and allow the team to properly analyze the company.
- Research: This includes researching comparable companies and transactions to calculate valuations, industry research, market research, and research used to identify appropriate investors, lenders, or buyers for our client’s deals.
- Preparation of marketing materials: The analyst will assist with the preparation of materials used to market opportunities to potential investors. This requires good writing and reading comprehension skills, as well as the ability to work with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other closely related field.
- Some background in financial modeling and experience working within, or adjacent to, the debt capital markets arena.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is highly important. A degree of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is also a plus.
- Strong communicator with superior organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple competing tasks and demands, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Self-starter who can work independently and efficiently, and is able to quickly learn and master new tasks.
- A team player, who wants to be part of a close-knit team environment but is also capable of working independently when called upon.
Post-hiring, the Analyst will be required to take and pass the Series 79 and Series 63 exams, allowing the Analyst to register with FINRA as a licensed Investment Banker. Our client will support the analyst with the required study materials to prepare for the exams, and the Analyst is expected to pass the exams within a reasonable period of time following the hire date.