We are currently assisting our construction client in their search for a Part-Time Payroll Clerk.
Essential Functions may include but not limited to:
- Prepares payroll through outside payroll service.
- Updates changes in payroll information through service.
- Proofs time sheets for completeness, and verifies/corrects possible discrepancies.
- Inputs data and transmits payroll information to service bureau.
- Verifies payroll, posts totals to cash flow report, payroll journal detail.
- Verifies benefit time accruals.
- Prepares payroll reports for supervisors.
- Prepares annual unemployment compensation audit report.
- Annually enter employee benefit time through payroll service.
- Ensures that annual W-4s are completed by all employees.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High School diploma required, construction industry experience helpful.
- 3+ years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of payroll principals, policies and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to payroll and benefits.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of automated HR and payroll systems; Payroll for Construction Experience helpful.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.