Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our construction clients in their search for a Project Accountant with experience in the construction industry, as well as knowledge of basic accounting principles and solid general office skills. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Review and verify accuracy of subcontractor AIA Pay Applications
- Collect and review affidavits and lien waivers from subcontractors
- Maintain vendor compliance documents & reporting
- Communicate with Project Managers and Project Engineers to process job costs
- Compile A/R draws with all required documentation specific to each client
- Provide accurate and timely accounting support
- Maintain accurate files and other documentation in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles and company policies
- Cross-train to support payroll specialist
- Work on additional projects as needed
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction AP/AR, other job-related paperwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Excel, Word & Outlook
Viewpoint Contractor software experience is strongly preferred but not required
Background Check and Drug test are required
Local candidates only, no relocation.