Mayfield Village, Ohio
We are currently searching for a Small Business Staff Accountant to join our Outsourced Accounting Solutions group.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a broad range of accounting functions – tax, bookkeeping and reviews – requiring strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to capably perform the functions of a staff accountant and take on certain more complex tasks. Given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge and ability to meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Ability to agree sub ledger to trial balance.
- Perform account analysis.
- Ability to run and understand spreadsheets.
- Have working knowledge of financial statements (Income, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows).
- Records transactions in general ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using accounting software applications and packages.
- Reconciles accounts to control accounts.
- Calculates and prepares schedules for various work paper, including debt and accruals. Analyzes fixed asset activity and calculates depreciation expense.
- Prepares corporate, personal, payroll, sales or other tax returns.
- Assists in proofing financial statements and other documents.
- Performs other accounting and tax duties as needed on engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Contributes ideas/opinions to the client teams and others and listens/responds to other team members’ views.
- Directs and instructs associates and paraprofessionals where applicable, in work to be performed.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner.
- Uses technology to continually learn, shares knowledge with team members, and enhances service delivery.
- Maintains an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Accounting.
- 1+ years of experience working for a public accounting firm, or related business/industry experience to meet special needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Accounting software knowledge in QuickBooks.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and innovation.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.