Our construction client in Mentor, OH is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes including but not limited to: the preparation of monthly financial reports, prepare monthly bank and account reconciliations, review of monthly job cost review in a construction environment.
- Prepare and record various general accounting entries
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice receipt and payment, vendor relations and insurance requirements
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Perform weekly and monthly banking reconciliations
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform month end entries and accruals
- Assist in preparation and review of financial statements and reports
- Assist in job cost review and WIP preparation
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting required
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects as needed
- Self-motivated, works well without supervision
- High attention to detail
- Willing to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Excellent working knowledge of residential construction industry and standard reporting
- Ability to set priorities and meet various deadlines
- Timberline experience a plus
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.