We are currently searching for a Treasurer for our Small Business Services Department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Treasurer is responsible for preparing client financial statements, monthly sales tax and payroll reports, quarterly payroll reports and other associated bookkeeping services primarily in house but also at the client site as needed. Will be required to travel to client locations for Board meetings.
- Present financial reports at the Board meetings and provide monthly financial reports to the School Sponsor
- Manage cash as an authorized bank account user and process accounts payable on the school’s behalf
- Record funds received by the school, make any necessary deposits (infrequent)
- Reconcile cash accounts
- Monitor investment policies established by the Board
- Responsible for the School’s record keeping and accounting in its entirety
- Prepare required ODE reporting
- Complete EMIS sheet (OH schools only)
- Respond to requests/questions from board, legal counsel, and sponsors
- Budgets/budget revisions
- Forecasts/forecast revisions
- Assist in the revision of policies
- ODE Fiscal Data input
- Prepare for annual audits/answer questions as needed
- Review 990’s
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or alternative training/experience that meet the state department of education treasurer’s license requirements. Obtain a treasurer’s license in a reasonable period.
- Obtains a board-approved treasurer’s bond.
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit passing an FBI/BCI background screening.
- Complies with board policies.
- Available to work irregular hours and/or a non-traditional work schedule.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks is required, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, and strong time management and administrative skills.
- The ideal candidate will have well-developed interpersonal skills; able to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Occasional same day travel for client meetings, or to attend seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.