Jon leads Skoda Minotti’s Manufacturing and Distribution Group. His experience includes several years spent in public accounting, serving clients in the Greater Cleveland area, and working at a multinational manufacturer. Jon joined Skoda Minotti in 2012 and focuses on internal and external audit and attest services for clients in manufacturing and distribution industries. He is also very active with MAGNET (Manufacturing Advocacy & Growth Network) and WIRE-Net.
Prior to joining the firm, Jon worked as a manager of external financial reporting for a Cleveland-based manufacturing company. Jon began his career at an international accounting firm as a manager in its Audit practice. He was a lead manager of fieldwork teams on both PCAOB audits and private company audits, specializing in clients in manufacturing and distribution industries.
Areas of Expertise
- Performing attest services for large publicly traded companies as well as large, middle market and smaller enterprises
- Buy/sell due diligence and technical accounting consultations
- Performing cost studies/margin analyses on client and product profitability
Education and Certifications
- Kent State University, Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting, cum laude
- LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Active in the firm’s coaching and mentoring program for assisting in the growth and development of its younger professionals
- Founder of Advocate Advisors, which provides representative bill-pay services to the chemically dependent and those with mental illness in Lake and Cuyahoga Counties
- Board member, Ravenwood Mental Health Center
- Member, Accounting Advisory Council, Kent State University