Mike leads the firm's Value Acceleration / Exit Planning group as well as the firm’s Transaction Advisory Services group. Mike understands the diverse goals and objectives of privately held businesses owners and helps them build, develop, and eventually exit their business. He has worked extensively with clients ranging from startup to multinational organizations with over $1.5 billion in annual sales. As a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Mike understands the intrinsic value of the elements of a business and assists clients in maximizing their value. From this dedication, Mike was recognized with the Exit Planner of the Year award from the Exit Planning Institute in 2017.
Areas of Expertise
- Value Acceleration / Exit planning
- Transaction advisory services
- Business valuations
- Business planning
- Accounting and auditing
Education and Certifications
- Kent State University, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- Certified Merger and Acquisition Advisor
- Certified Public Accountant, Ohio
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Chartered Merger and Acquisition Professional
- President of the Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Exit Planning Institute
- Chair of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA) Certified Exit Planning Advisor Group
- Co-chair of the Leading Edge Alliance Family Business Special Interest Group
- Board member of the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Middle Market Investment Banking Association
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- 2017 Exit Planner of the Year by the Exit Planning Institute
- National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals
- Nominated for Leader of the Year by the Exit Planning Institute
- Recognized in the National Register’s Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals
- Leading Edge Alliance, Family Business Special Interest Group – Houston, Texas; Chicago, Ill.; Denver, Colo.
- Leading Edge Alliance, Managing Partner Meeting – San Diego, Calif.
- Leading Edge Alliance, Workshop – Paris, France
- Exit Planning Institute Annual Summit – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Numerous industry associations – Dallas, Texas; Philadelphia, Pa.; Cleveland, Ohio
- Numerous owners' groups, such as Vistage
Mike has attended a regular season Major League Baseball game in over 60 venues.